Athletics Participation Forms
Delaware City Schools holds student athletes to high standards of academic achievement and behavior, and the safety of student athletes is paramount in any athletic activity. In order to participate in any sport, student athletes and their families must carefully review several documents, and then complete and return the required forms to their coaches or the athletic department. These forms will ensure that athletes are in good standing with both the Ohio High School Athletic Association and Delaware City Schools.
Forms must be completed and turned in to the coach before an athlete is eligible to practice or participate in any off-season strength and conditioning, or season try-outs or practice. If you have any questions, please contact the Delaware Hayes Athletics Office at (740) 833-1021.Below you will find all of the Mandatory athletic forms that need to be filled out, mailed or brought to one of the following athletic offices: Dempsey Middle School, 599 Pennsylvania Avenue, Delaware, Ohio 43015 or into the Athletic Office at R. B. Hayes High School, 289 Euclid Avenue, Delaware, Ohio 43015.
1. OHSAA Eligibility Guide
3. Ohio Department of Health Concussion Information Sheet
PLEASE COMPLETE AND RETURN THE FOLLOWING
1. OHSAA Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form or you may copy this address http://www.ohsaa.org/medicine/physicalform.htm paste it in your search engine.
This form has 6 pages to fill out. Please fill out ALL 6 pages. Pages 1, 2, 5 and 6 MUST have the signature of both the parent and the athlete.
2. Ohio Department of Health Concussion Information Sheet This sheet is to assist you in recognizing the signs of a concussion. Please read this carefully. Please return the signed the acknowledgement to the athletic office.
3. DCS Emergency Medical Authorization (half-sheet) The athlete and/or the parent may pick one of the orange cards up in the athletic office or with their coach. This form needs to go to your child's coach. Each season a new form needs to be filled out for each of the coaches.
4. DCS Athletics Code of Conduct (includes Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs policy)
Last Modified on June 14, 2013